Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Yes.
    It looks like it is a normal run for whatever features I use, in all images, except "tnap mod" I didn't check it yet.
    I will ask my friend how tnap 5.1 runs in osmiomini4k.
    Can't say anything about other features (pluto, iptv, etc), I do not use.
    Thank you for your work.
    Nihil sine Deo !

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flashed 04-29-2024 version Supreme to slot 4.

Setup completed without any problems.

Switching channels on 101 c band (same mux) takes about 5 to 10 seconds. While staying on the same mux, switching channels are almost instant. A few minutes later, switching channels on same mux, takes 15 seconds. Nuts!

Switched to 87 ku and switched channels on same news mux and it took almost 30 seconds to tune in a channel. Switched to another channel in same mux and dropped down to 10 seconds. A few minutes later switched again and tune in was almost instant. Switched again and tune took 10 seconds.

While in 101 c band mux, went to system and selected signal finder. It took 15 seconds to display. Exited and returned a few minutes later and display was instant.

Rebooted to slot 3 (build date 02-22) where everything works well for me except with a few quirks that I avoid.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Thanks lme, el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed a little discrepancies on signal level between aura skin & plifullhd skin: aura shows better signal (+1-2db) over pli skin !
    Here is a crush log from yesterday. Maybe EB can find any more info:

Last edited by lme; 05-01-2024 at 07:46 PM.
    Nihil sine Deo !

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where the infobar gets the db reading can be set in the MIO receivers. Look in one of the two the settings menus for this option.

Looks like the crash file comes from a python file that is different than what we are using. You will need to do an online update that will be available in a few minutes so everyone is on the same satfinder plugin.

Our satfinder contains a dvbreader that may be the heart of the problem with slowness. There are reasons WHY OpenPLi doesn't put the dvb reader in with the satfinder, but we should be able to get away with some things because the build here is only for a few receiver models.

Remember to delete any .py files before doing an online update!

7. Thanks lme thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Flashed 04-29-2024 version Supreme to slot 4.

Setup completed without any problems.

Switching channels on 101 c band (same mux) takes about 5 to 10 seconds. While staying on the same mux, switching channels are almost instant. A few minutes later, switching channels on same mux, takes 15 seconds. Nuts!

Switched to 87 ku and switched channels on same news mux and it took almost 30 seconds to tune in a channel. Switched to another channel in same mux and dropped down to 10 seconds. A few minutes later switched again and tune in was almost instant. Switched again and tune took 10 seconds.

While in 101 c band mux, went to system and selected signal finder. It took 15 seconds to display. Exited and returned a few minutes later and display was instant.

Rebooted to slot 3 (build date 02-22) where everything works well for me except with a few quirks that I avoid.

Try online update and see if things improve. Use the receiver menus or in terminal: opkg update && opkg upgrade

Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have the 8008 supreme.
    but with the Ustym 4K Pro (which is the twin brother of the other 8008) I've had absolutely no problems (so far).
    changes between programmes are quick the signalfinder is very fast
    the blindscan works well
    I don't use the positioner (another receiver controls the antenna)
    Edision OS mio4K with TNAP-5 ; Channel Master 1,80 ; TBS6983
    LNB Ku Band . LNB KA Band 18200-19200 /21200-22200,LNB C band

10. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes eastof111 liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The dvbreader.so in the satfinder plugin allows the preview of channels or services on a transponder to be seen. The dvbreader.so is an executable with permission set at 0755.

The dvbreader.so has been in TNAP satfinder for some time. I will take a guess and say that some previous attempts to fix Satfinder crashes AFTER the dvbreader.so was added has allowed the dvbreader.so to run while navigating the menus. This would explain the problems of sluggish operation in the receivers.

The Satfinder that is in the feeds now goes back probably at least a year and a half. The file size of this Satfinder is small in part because there are no efforts to fix crashes in it. You can add swap files (band aid on a bullet wound), install more memory, or whatever else you want to do. But if the dvbreader.so is allowed to run when it should not run, then you will have problems!

12. Thanks stephan94, Megatron817, lme thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "The dvbreader.so in the satfinder plugin allows the preview of channels or services on a transponder to be seen. The dvbreader.so is an executable with permission set at 0755."
    ..but this file had & has 326 permission !!!! Should I change it to 755 ?
    the other 2 files in the folder have permission 647.
    Nihil sine Deo !

14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do not change any permissions!

Permissions for dvbreader.so are changed in python.

15. Thanks lme thanked for this post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678