Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Angle Finder
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I use when I work on my dish..... I also added a chart to the "summery" post at the top of this page. Have a great day!
    Last edited by stone1150; 06-24-2011 at 09:05 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Polar Mount Angle Readings
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a pic of a polar mount. This will hopefully give enough info on where to take angle readings when you align your dish. Have a great day!

3. Collapse Details
    Focal distance calculations..
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a diagram that shows the focal distance calculations for the feed in relation to the dish. You can use this formula to figure the focal point if you do not know what it is or it wasn't listed in that list I posted earlier. Have a great day!

Note: a better diagram uploaded... one that can be read! Sorry for any confusion the previous diagrams caused...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stone1150; 06-29-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Added note about bad diagram.....

4. Collapse Details
    Magnetic Deviation
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is another chart I found buried from the past. It explains finding true north. To track the arc correctly, you need to locate true north. For example..... where I live I need to add 3 degrees to my compass reading to locate true north. The map is not the greatest quality however should do the job. Each line on the map is 1 degree. Weather you add to or subtract from your compass reading, depends on if you live east or west of the Mississippi river. Have a great day!

5. Collapse Details
    Horz to Horz mount and where to take readings
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had to use a pic from the net for a polar mount and where to take readings when setting it up. Now here is a photo of my h t h mount, (Horizon to horizon), and where to take angle readings from for those of us that have h to h mounts. Have a great day!

6. Thanks JERRY_BAQ thanked for this post
    Likes JERRY_BAQ, blexxonmak liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12