Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    My Pansat 9500HDX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The Pansat 9500HDX is the latest addition to my collection of Ali 3602 receivers. This receiver costs about as much as two of the cheap Openbox receivers. I have been running the 9500 for a little over a day. So far, I am wondering why Pansat thinks this receiver is worth $250.00 retail?
    The basic features of the Openbox are about the same as the basic features of the Pansat 9500HDX. I will compare all of the Ali 3602 receivers that I have to the Pansat 9500HDX in this thread. Perhaps after making some comparisons, we can determine why Pansat thinks this receiver is worth so much money. EB

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does the clock work? OpenBox seems to have a issue with that.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. The clock seems to work but I have done a lot of uploading and downloading of files. The clock will not keep accurate time when you upload and download files to or from the receiver.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not having one I would only speculate that they are relying on the brand name " Pansat" mixed in with some greed regarding the price..They lost millions after being found guilty of piracy, so that would come into play on the price also.

But I look forward to more posts on the pros and cons, features, ect, to see if it warrants that steep price. I understand it's made in South Korea so the quality should be better than the Chinese boxes. It's really going to have some major pluses though when you could purchase two of the openboxes for the price of one 9500.

click click b00m

5. Collapse Details
    Hardware
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Hardware in the Pansat 9500HDX is better than any in the Openbox or Manhattan.
    Look closely at the attached pictures and you will see good solid power supply, plus a receiver that is laid out well. I do not like to jam things together like they did in the Openbox S10.
    Every component that I can see on the Pansat circuit boards is labeled. The Manhattan RS-1933 has most of its parts labeled, but not as well as the Pansat. Parts labeling is almost non-existent in the Openbox receivers.
    Labeling costs extra money. But it shows quality and attention to detail.
    The attached pictures show the tuner, inside the case, and the power supply of the Pansat 9500HDX.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, thanks for the pics bro...what kind of tuner is that, can't really make out the letters. Manhattan and openbox use the sharp tuner I believe, but that looks different.

click click b00m

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The tuner has ERIT written on it.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like that it has extra space inside, less likely to have heat issues.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The menu has a place for another tuner, Plus there are extra pin pads on the motherboard. It looks like they were making a twin tuner but stopped short.

10. Collapse Details
    Transponder Identification
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pansant looks for transponder or satellite identification and displays it. It is not always accurate but it is better than nothing. EB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast