The Pansat 9500HDX is a great receiver but I have found a couple of things that I would like to warn people about.

1. The Pansant 9500HDX Will Accept Bogus Firmware
The 8-2011 firmware will allow you to load an .ABS firmware file from another into your Pansat through the usb port.
If you load Openbox firmware into your Pansat through the USB port, the receiver will become unusable. It may be recovered by loading the correct file through the RS232 port.
I suggest not putting any other receiver firmware on your usb drives or other hard drives that you will use with your Pansat. Doing this will ensure that the wrong firmware does not get loaded into your receiver.

2. Openbox Channel Editors Do Not Work Correctly With the Pansat 9500HDX
I decided to take a shortcut and transfer all of my scanned Openbox channels into the Pansat 9500HDX. This caused the Pansat to become stuck in a Boot Loop, but I was able to recover it by loading a file through the RS232 port.
The Pansat 9500HDX seems to have a slightly different channel design than the Openbox so the free Openbox channel editors do not work correctly with the Pansat. I have only one channel editor that works correctly with the Pansat and it is not free!!!

Hopefully these tidbits of information will keep somebody from having to return their receiver for repair. EB