1. Collapse Details
    Will You There Bud?
    Guest Guest
    I'm definitely not a switch pro and hardly ever use them. Now my good bud Will is the switch guru and I have a question for the guru. I just recently put up a 6' mesh dish with a bsc621-2 c/ku band lnbf but I have 2 receivers. How can I hook them up? I have rca switches but have to get up to change from a to b, is there an easier way? How about if I have one receiver on a disecq switch and loop out to the other one?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must have fallen a sleep and missed this little thread? - lol. Sorry bud !

The BSC621-2 C/Ku LNBF, as you know, is a great LNBF which delivers both C & Ku Band signal on 1 cable. The problem is that you can not distribute more than 1 signal to 1 receiver independently. So as I look at it you have 3 options:
    1. You can do your loop-through with limitations. You should NOT be able to place a DiSEqC switch as you suggested because the BSC621-2 uses DiSEqC switching to switch between C-Band and Ku Band. (Not the option I would do)
    2. Use the A/B switch as you have been. You can get remote ones. (This option may not be the best, however it may work the best depending on your setup and what kind of video output you wish to have on each TV)
    3. Only use 1 receiver. Use Component or HDMI for TV 1 and output composite cables to a RF modulator and run RG6 to the 2nd TV. You can then either input the coax into the TV or run it through a VCR(de-modulator), and then input composite cables into that 2nd TV. (This option may not be the best if it is difficult to run a cable from TV 1 to TV 2 and would not give you the best picture option) I would also suggest a remote extender to control the receiver at TV 1. If the distance is not that far between the TVs, there are "splitters". For instance - You could use a HDMI splitter after the receiver, running a HDMI feed to each TV.(If this is possible, it would be the best option working with what you have) The only better option would be option#4(see below).

Thinking outside of the box(Option#4): You could replace the LNBF with a Dual output C-Band LNBF. This would give you the flexibility to run 2 cables, 1 to each receiver, but NO Ku Band. Don't you have another Ku Band dish anyway? One receiver could run the Ku Band Dish and the other could run the C-Band Dish.
    OpenBox S10 - Sonicview360Elite - Coolsat7000
    Fortec MercuryII [Retired]

3. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    I'm not using the switch in the lnbf Will. I have 2 coax coming in, one for ku and the other for c. I presently have 1 receiver setup with a disecq switch but want to know how I can get the other receiver going as well. My 10' bud is a dual c band lnbf so that isn't an issue. Can I not loopout with switch already attached? How about an sw34 or 44 switch, would they work?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like loop-through may be your only option? However, it really limits you to the TP/SAT that your lead receiver is on. You should not need a DiSEqC switch as one is built into the LNBF.(but if it ain't broke, don't fix it) A 3x4 or a 4x4 multiswitch won't work as you would need a dual output LNBF for them to work.

5. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    My lnbf is dual output Will, I'm running 2 coax into the house- one for each of the bands.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    My lnbf is dual output Will, I'm running 2 coax into the house- one for each of the bands.
    No, your LNBF is 2 single output LNBs in one. Single output per Band.

7. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    There must be some kind of multi switch I can use to get both bands on both receivers. I don't mind using my openbox as my main scanner because I only use the azbox for 4:2:2 feeds and its signal quality meter.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    There must be some kind of multi switch I can use to get both bands on both receivers. I don't mind using my openbox as my main scanner because I only use the azbox for 4:2:2 feeds and its signal quality meter.
    I don't think there is a way. However, if you would like to test? I had a thought(or 2), but as I said, I don't think it will work? . . . ? Here it goes: Place a High Frequency Splitter on each the C-Band and the Ku Band of the LNBF. Now connect both outputs from the HF Splitter into a 3x4 multiswitch(1 to the 13v and the other to 18v inputs). My theory is to split the V & H and then recombine them using the 3x4. From the 3x4 input into a DiSEqC switch. Do the same for the Ku Band as you do for the C-Band. So that is 1 HF Splitter into 1 3x4 multiswitch(each for each Band). Switches needed: 2x Hi-Freq. Splitters, 2x 3x4 multiswitches, & 2x 4x1 or 2x1 DiSEqC switches.

If like to keep testing, I have another theory: This one involves using 2x 22KHz switches and 2x DiSEqC switches. You use the 22KHz switch backwards(don't know if that works?). From the LNBF's C-Band feed it to the single side of the 22KHz switch and the same for Ku Band. Now this is where it is important - The 0KHz and 22KHz ports of the 22KHz switches feed into the DiSEqC switches - 1 receiver has to be C-Band 0KHz / Ku Band will be 22KHz (from the other 22K switch), so that means the 2nd receiver will be C-Band 22KHz / Ku Band 0KHz. The DiSEqC settings (to keep it simple) - C-Band:Port#1 say and KuBand:Port#2 on both DiSEqC switches. Basically you are "crossing" the feeds from the 22KHz switches into the DiSEqC switch before going to the receivers. I suppose you could have one receiver's settings Ku & C-Band 22KHz ON and the other receiver's Ku & C-Band 22KHz OFF. It all depends on how you decide to run the coax.

Both are theories by moi and as they are theoretical I have no diagrams, only the ones I thought up in my head, LOL !
    Last edited by WillDekkard; 11-19-2011 at 01:47 AM. Reason: more info

9. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Thanks Will. As we all know winters in this country are long, I have lots of time to experiment. I'll report back when I get it working which evere way.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    With regards to the 2nd theory: Even if the 22KHz switches work backwards there may be a conflict with the 2 receivers fighting for control of the 22KHz switch? If both receivers are on say C-Band, 1 will be 22K ON and the other receiver will be 22K OFF and only one of the receivers will/may control the 22KHz tone to the switch and the other may not pass signal? This is why I listed this theory 2nd.