1. Collapse Details
    Openbox S9 conversion to Pansat 9500HD?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Happy New Year to all.
    I'm testing my Openbox S9 to find out if it can be converted to a Pansat 9500HD. By using the S9-Upgrade tool 2.0.0.0 I was able to transfer the Pansat 9500 firmware to the S9 but my first attempt was negative,
    the S9 got stuck in " ON ". Since I could not reload the original S9 software to the box by using the above S9 tool I decided to use the Pansat 9500 " Erom Upgrade tool", it worked at my first attempt, I reloaded the latest S9/S10 file to the S9 and it is working like before.
    I started this thread to share with the members the results of my first test.

Lexmark

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The S9 displayed ON because it did not know what else to do.
    You cannot get very far with this particular conversion. You can get into some of the 9500 menus but you probably will not get anything to function.
    Remember, the remote will need to be for a Pansat 9500. The front buttons on the S9 will not work either.

I encourage you to try other things and see what you can do. It is always good to see somebody experimenting. Many fta receivers have been converted in the past, and I expect more conversions at some point in the future because there are too many different Ali 3602 receivers floating around.

Always be prepared to throw your box in the trash if a conversion goes bad. Losing receivers is part of it too. EB

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your support EB.
    I have been testing / converting STBs for many years and I'm aware that some conversion can go bad but the fun is also to revive the ones we kill with the bad conversion. As you said it is part of the game.

Lex

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    For sure you can convert the S9..S10 from other Ali 3602 based chip boxes and make you Openbox a.. well try a few and see what works. As stated above it's always a risk to play with firmware not coded for a particular box..But that does not mean it will not work based on a box with the same chip platform..

click click b00m

5. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Thank you for your support EB.
    I have been testing / converting STBs for many years and I'm aware that some conversion can go bad but the fun is also to revive the ones we kill with the bad conversion. As you said it is part of the game.

Lex
    I know how much you like your Pansat receivers, too bad it didn't work.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Openbox S9 has two 128 MB. Most of the newer Ali receivers have two 512 MB chips. This needs to be considered when doing conversions.

I think the Pansat 9500 is the best built Ali receiver out there. And they back it up with a two year warranty which is more than anybody else that I know of. The only thing the 9500 needs is some software updates. EB

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you guys,
    At present I have at least 10 STBs available most of them are Pansats ( some were given to me by a friend/member of this fine forum ) Although some of the pansats have problems ( eg 9200hd) in my opinion they are easy to use and with most of the feature required for FTA testing.
    This is the reason why I attempted to convert the S9 to be a Pansat 9500. Well... , I guess it is time to buy the 9500HDX.
    Happy New year
    Lex