Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Can't Play Recorded Movies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I have a number of movies, recorded on my external HDD from before I updated the firmware. Used to be a case of simply going to media, selcting the movie and hit play. All was fine. Now, I can see all the movies, but when I hit play, nothing happens. Has anyone else had any problems like this?
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The menu is a little different with that firmware..When your in the media player menu did you use the number 1 button on your remote to switch it over to the USB drive..In my case it's USB1, then I can see my list of shows and just arrow down and press ok to play. Not sure if that's whats happening, but this is working okay for me with previous recordings.

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, when I open media player, use the number 1 to switch to USB1 and I see all the movies. When I press the play button, the small light shows that it should be playing, but nothing happens. Time to sit down and try to get this straightened out before the grand kids arrive again, ha ha.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, I doubt there corrupt, you normally see just a bunch of weird characters if that's the case..If you don't have a tonne of movies, you could transfer the movies to your PC, then format the USB drive and transfer them back on it and see what happens. or first remove the USB safely, unplug it from the box and hard reboot the box, then connect the USB drive again... something to try.

click click b00m

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, a small twist, here. When I open media player and go to video, I see a bunch of movies that I had downloaded. If I use the number 1 button to switch, I then find all of the movies I have recorded from TV, BUT, they are listed under music. If I select one of them and then use the "1" button, I am taken to the downloaded movies. For some reason the S9 is listing all of the recorded movies as music.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some pics of what I am getting. The first shows the menu of movies and second shows what I get when I press PVRSS2. The first page are movies saved from download and the movies in PVRSS2 are those recorded by the S9. When I press on any of the movies in the PVRSS2 menu nothing happens. Could this be due to the fact that there appears to be 2 separate movie lists. BTW, please ignore some of the movies as my wife loved 27 dresses so I had to load it or else. Ha ha!!

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I want to play back the movies the media player will be in the record menu not video..try pressing 1 on the remote when your in media player to record mode, this is where my movies show up, and just hit ok or play to start viewing them.

click click b00m

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, this then explains why I can't watch movies I have recorded. I can see the movies located under both video and music ( don't ask why it is there) but when I go to record, there is nothing. I know the movies are there because I recorded them before I upgraded the firmware. I also recorded a movie, today, and it is also not showing up under the record menu. When I move to the record menu this is what I have.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    Ok, this then explains why I can't watch movies I have recorded. I can see the movies located under both video and music ( don't ask why it is there) but when I go to record, there is nothing. I know the movies are there because I recorded them before I upgraded the firmware. I also recorded a movie, today, and it is also not showing up under the record menu. When I move to the record menu this is what I have.
    Yea, that is odd, did you try any of the suggestions I mentioned in post 4 to see if that fixes it.

click click b00m

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried removing the USB and rebooting the STB, then reconnecting the USB drive and that did not work so I guess I will move on to the other ideas. On the up side, Viper, at least the record function worked today. It had quit working until I updated the firmware.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast