Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    My monitors are base band video. guess I will have to buy one and find out. It appears that there is no provision for 8K hd reception ?

Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Welcome to legit WildBill!
    As far as I know, it should be NTSC video. EB

2. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    My monitors are base band video. guess I will have to buy one and find out. It appears that there is no provision for 8K hd reception ?
    This tiny little unit will open all s2/8psk channels and feeds.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The LegitFTA-Shop will be opening soon, if your budget allows it.. The Optibox Gekko, Anaconda ect, would really make anyone happy..

click click b00m

4. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    I already have an s12 and am extremely pleased with it and its lightning fast blind scan but I will be opting for an optibox anaconda.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just purchased one through the advertizing link here. All the comments are useful and having the 8K is a plus will be interesting to play with looks like a good FTA receiver for the price. Buying from China does not bother my. My only complaint they need to supply a power adapter that fits out outlet not add an adapter.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good!
    Please let us know how things work out for you.

7. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    I just purchased one through the advertizing link here. All the comments are useful and having the 8K is a plus will be interesting to play with looks like a good FTA receiver for the price. Buying from China does not bother my. My only complaint they need to supply a power adapter that fits out outlet not add an adapter.

You won't regret it for the price.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will post a review when tested.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is an ebay seller advertising a control box that goes between receiver and LNB to adjust voltage has anyone had this problem that now owns a openbox ?
    ///////////////////

From advertisement:

The easiest way to confirm that you have the Polarization selection issue is to go in to your Openbox/Skybox menu, then Installation, then LNB power setting and change this to 'Off'. If you can now view the channels previously displaying the 'No Signal' message (SSHD3) but not the other channels that were previously working fine (SSHD1) then this device will work for you!

A basic explanation of why this occurs is the LNB on your satellite dish requires a low voltage for vertical polarized channels (around 13 volts) and a high voltage for horizontal polarized channels (around 18 volts). A standard cheap sky quad or universal LNB will operate with the low voltage range as somewhere between 10-15 volts and high voltage as somewhere between 16-20 volts. The problem is the Openbox puts out a voltage of around 16-17 volts for low and 20-21 volts for high which means that the polarization remains horizontal even when it should switch to vertical. A decent quality LNB (like that in a motorized dish) will operate with low voltage as anything below 18 volts and high as anything above 18 volts hence why the box works fine on some set-ups, but not others. Our device corrects this voltage differential without adding any potentially damaging extra resistance to the tuner circuit, such as that caused by in-line amps (which can also lead to you losing other channels in some cases). Using our device means the Openbox will then work properly as the LNB can differentiate between high and low voltage, and in turn vertical and horizontal polarization.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see any reason to buy that.
    How about supplying the ebay item number so we can look at it.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast