Thread: New Toy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    New Toy
    Guest Guest
    I just received my new Optibox Anaconda receiver today, would have had it last Thursday but I was tinkering with my new install and didn't hear the mail man ring the doorbell. I do hope the nstc file has been transferred to this stb or else I'm going to be in for a hair pulling afternoon. Hdmi cable is enclosed as well but not a North American adapter. Looking forward to see how this receiver compares to my azbox:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see you finally got it! The NTSC file has been here for some time. Let us know when you get it working. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Finally hooked it up to my tv in the living room but all I could get was a rolling screen using composite(rca) cables. I tried but couldn't make out enough to get it into ntsc so I tried with my relic dinosaur tv I use outdoors for installs and sure enough I got a black and white screen. I switched it to ntsc and slapped it back onto my plasma and transferred the ntsc file posted here by Team Amiko and it's all good. Just doing a blind scan on Amc6 at 72w on c band at the moment. More to come folks.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am really interested in how the blind scan works. It does not look like it was working too good because it only found 1 tp on 72W.

5. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    I decided to test it against the skybox s12 on a blind scan. The s12 blind scan is much faster but it came up with no open tp, anaconda scanned in several tp on Amc9 at 83w. It obviously has a very sensitive tuner; I guess it's a matter of choice- do you want to scan fast or would you prefer to scan everything that is on a sat without missing any tp? Personally, I'll take the latter but always use dual lnbf just for a fast scan for feeds.

6. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    I am really interested in how the blind scan works. It does not look like it was working too good because it only found 1 tp on 72W.

Cw tp with 3 channels is the only permanent tp on Amc6 on c band EB. The anaconda came up with 4 tp on Amc9, scanning Ses2 at 87w at the moment.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome news, Costa. Waiting for mine arrive so hope you guys are ready for lots of questions.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Costactc , you got your self a great reciever. I absolutely love mine. The picture quality is stunning. This box works great with the WD passport potable hard drive, after you put the anaconda on standby, it will completely shut down the hard drive to save power. Also, the clock keeps perfect time ( which is very handy when doing timer recording).

Costactc, when ever you do a blindscan, try to see if you can lock on frequencies with symbol rates lower than 2000.the blindscan on mine is not able to do that.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Finally hooked it up to my tv in the living room but all I could get was a rolling screen using composite(rca) cables. I tried but couldn't make out enough to get it into ntsc so I tried with my relic dinosaur tv I use outdoors for installs and sure enough I got a black and white screen. I switched it to ntsc and slapped it back onto my plasma and transferred the ntsc file posted here by Team Amiko and it's all good. Just doing a blind scan on Amc6 at 72w on c band at the moment. More to come folks.

Excellent Costa, glad you got it fired up with the old TV..All future orders after yours should come pre-loaded with the NTSC file with NA sat list included..
    You should have some fun with this box!

click click b00m

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    it sounds like the blind scan is faster on the Raptor than it is on the Anaconda.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast