Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    A quick way to set the date/year is to put the time in automatic and leave it for a while. it will get something that resembles the time and date on its own. It will set the correct date and time if it is left on a Bell transponder.

The numbers for manual have to be set every time. The receiver does not remember what you set.
    We are expecting new firmware within a couple of weeks, but we all know how that goes.

Fortis did give us a firmware that boots in NTSC instead of PAL, and they did give us something that resembles an American satellite file. A better satellite file is being worked on.

Some versions of these receivers have been on the market in other countries since 2010. But I do not think Fortis ever had any real feedback on how these receivers run in North America until a few weeks ago. EB
    Last edited by el bandido; 05-05-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    More input: what takes even longer than a satellite without a lot of transponders? A satellite with a lot of transponders that it can't decode. I was trying 107.3W Ku tonight to get a sample of 4:2:2 (still with the default firmware, not E2, but I had another network-related idea I wanted to try) and I had to give up because it was taking forever. That satellite is full of Digicipher transponders. Besides being scrambled, the more important part is, they're not DVB-compatible at all! I wonder if the same problem would be had on a DirecTV satellite, but I don't intend to try right now.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    The numbers for manual have to be set every time. The receiver does not remember what you set.
    My bad, I was assuming something based on what costac said in another thread. He said that if you select manual, it comes up with the right numbers automatically, but he was talking C-band. On Ku-band, it doesn't.

BTW, I'm getting the impression that the scan on the Gekko is really buggy. I'm trying to scan AMC-6 Ku, and not only did it blow through the vertical side in no time at all with finding no transponders (whereas we know that most of them on that bird are in fact vertical), it's been hung for quite a while at 81.2% on the horizontal side. (The Openbox did that once upon a time when they were playing with the blind scan parameters. The part about hanging on AMC-6 Ku horizontal, not the part about blowing through the vertical. It did the vertical just fine. I wonder if skipping the vertical is another manifestation of whatever bug makes it sometimes skip the scan altogether. I really have this gut feeling that there's some bogus data in the satellite list somewhere that's making it do that. It would be SO nice if we could delete satellites and rebuild from ground zero rather than having to edit the satellites that are already there, then we'd know if that was the source of the problem.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does not remember them on c band either. If it does, I have never seen it.

All the tools to build a sat file are available on this site. You can do everything but delete a satellite with the tools we have.
    We have also constructed a sat file from scratch and consider it a work in progress. I have had issues with it too, but I think most of its issues have been solved.

You may download and install the satellite file that is in this link:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The .fdu file works on all three Optibox receivers. EB

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too did a Ku scan of 107.3W and got absolutely nothing.
    I do not know where the 107.3W 4:2:2 channels are but my Raptor did not see them this morning when this post was written.

These people are pretty good about fixing our problems. We asked for the diseqc 1.2 positions to be adjustable instead of preset. (We have a Gekko thread on this 1.2 position problem.)
    Either coincidence or not, but somebody decided to fix it. I am running a firmware file in the Raptor where it is fixed. It is my belief that the blind scan issues will be improved soon too.

Diseqc 1.2 picture attached. EB
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too did a Ku scan of 107.3W and got absolutely nothing.
    I do not know where the 107.3W 4:2:2 channels are but my Raptor did not see them this morning when this post was written.
    The 4:2:2 channels are Canadian news feeds, but there's almost always at least one up even if it's just color bars. Maybe we've caught them at an off time.

7. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    AnikF1-107.3w:

11949 H 5859

These 4:2:2 feeds are MIA for me as well this morning.

8. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    A quick way to set the date/year is to put the time in automatic and leave it for a while. it will get something that resembles the time and date on its own. It will set the correct date and time if it is left on a Bell transponder.

We are expecting new firmware within a couple of weeks, but we all know how that goes.

Fortis did give us a firmware that boots in NTSC instead of PAL, and they did give us something that resembles an American satellite file. A better satellite file is being worked on.

Some versions of these receivers have been on the market in other countries since 2010. But I do not think Fortis ever had any real feedback on how these receivers run in North America until a few weeks ago. EB

Auto time thingy works real well.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a 4:2:2 feed of Popocatepetl on 93W Ku under the name Fly H.D. (it wasn't HD) for a week or so, but it's gone this morning. (The Popocatepetl feed is now on the same transponder and PIDs as the "Service 2" Azteca feed usually is, under the name FLY 4 TVA, and it's not 4:2:2 anymore.)

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Auto time thingy works real well.
    Don't leave it on auto after you've set it though, there are a lot of transponders that either send their local time instead of GMT, or send garbage.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast