I do have a TBS5925 that I have owned for a number of years. There are newer TBS cards on the market, but I do not own them and cannot speak from experience about them. What i have read about the newer TBS cards does not show any great improvement over the 5925 except DVB-S2X has been added. From my experience with the TBS5925, it had and advantage over most FTA receivers until around 2016. TBS pretty much lost most of its advantages when the Edision MIO4k's and the Octagon SF8008 came to market.

The APSK transponders are the benchmark for a decent DX type receiver. There are 16APSK feeds on C and Ku band. 32APSK with channels is rare, but they do exist at times. You need a decent satellite antenna system and a decent FTA type receiver to have a chance with the APSK transponders.

Messing with the frequency or symbol rate usually does little to nothing. Adjusting the dish itself usually does something. Then you have the joy of re calibrating every satellite. It all boils down to the satellite dish, coax cables, the parts that are on the satellite dish, and the way the parts are installed on the satellite dish. APSK transponders can be difficult.

There are some advantages to having a TBS card or similar. You can log the stream and do a few other things that are not hardly possible with a fta receiver. I was not happy with the SF8008 Supreme on ku band and felt like it was finding bogus transponders. A few satellites were checked with a person that uses a TBS card and has a decent Ku dish. The results from the Sf8008 Supreme and the TBS card were similar, almost identical. This is why I don't see much of an advantage today for tv watching between a TBS card and and decent DX type FTA receiver.

This is the second 32APSK transponder I have been able to check the SF8008 Supreme on. The Supreme gets a good review from me on the APSK transponders. Now they need to fix the low symbol rate transponders or have the decency to quit advertising low rate symbol transponders in the receiver description.