Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    You have TNAP5. While you are here, go ahead and update to TNAP5.1. In structions on how to do this are in post#9 of this thread. Maybe these two pictures will help.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The receiver has to be connected to the internet for the download of the 5.1 image.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    After more time and experience, it appears that my new TNAP5 install is working a little glitchy.

After selecting 'scan' (via the green button), some transponders identified within a blind scan stall fail to completely populate. An example is that I am seeing results such as "(6 of 7) Channels Found = 25" with a stalled progress line indicator to the right of the satellite dish icon immediately above the found channels. This has happened on satellites at both 103 and 105 degrees west that tune in well despite the limitations of my dish alignment.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I take it you are not interested in installing TNAP5.1.

Anyway, TNAP 5 was tested before it was ever uploaded to the forum last year. Most likely, the image is working OK.

Your description of the problem is a bit confusing. Show us what is happening in the scan. Make a folder named ServiceScan. Make the folder name exactly as shown using upper and lower case letters as needed. Put the folder on the usb stick and insert it into the receiver. Now when you scan, files will be generated into the ServiceScan folder. Zip these files, or just zip the ServiceScan folder and attach them to a post.

Do similar for your settings. in the receiver menus. got to AutoBackup (Menu--->Setup--->Auto backup). Press the yellow button while in the AutoBackup menu and this action will create a backup file on the usb drive. This file will be located in a folder named backup on the usb drive. Zip the backup folder and attach it. to a post in this thread.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    I take it you are not interested in installing TNAP5.1.

Anyway, TNAP 5 was tested before it was ever uploaded to the forum last year. Most likely, the image is working OK.

Your description of the problem is a bit confusing. Show us what is happening in the scan. Make a folder named ServiceScan. Make the folder name exactly as shown using upper and lower case letters as needed. Put the folder on the usb stick and insert it into the receiver. Now when you scan, files will be generated into the ServiceScan folder. Zip these files, or just zip the ServiceScan folder and attach them to a post.

Do similar for your settings. in the receiver menus. got to AutoBackup (Menu--->Setup--->Auto backup). Press the yellow button while in the AutoBackup menu and this action will create a backup file on the usb drive. This file will be located in a folder named backup on the usb drive. Zip the backup folder and attach it. to a post in this thread.
    Hi:

I actually did not see 'TNAP5.1' come up as an option. I will retrace my steps to see if I somehow missed it. I assumed (incorrectly) that the '5.1' was reflected in the 'kernel' number. Again, I am not a computer programmer or other digital sophisticate. I will attempt to follow your guidance above.

Thank you!

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    El Bandido:

You figured it out. I had never connected my Edision receiver to my internet. I found under the 'Expert Settings' how to connect and am now connected. I will go back and follow your earlier guidance to download and install TNAP5.1
    Again, thank you!

6. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even after you update to 5.1, you will still have the scan problems. Just follow the simple instructions about getting the backup file and service scan files. Those files will explain probably what is happening. There are lots of radio entries on 105w c band, and a scan of that satellite can take over 1 hour. It is possible that you are getting some 105w c band transponders when you scan 103w, which again would cause the scan to take 1 hour or more. If True, The scan logs will show this...

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Even after you update to 5.1, you will still have the scan problems. Just follow the simple instructions about getting the backup file and service scan files. Those files will explain probably what is happening. There are lots of radio entries on 105w c band, and a scan of that satellite can take over 1 hour. It is possible that you are getting some 105w c band transponders when you scan 103w, which again would cause the scan to take 1 hour or more. If True, The scan logs will show this...
    Hello again El Bandido...

I have successfully upgraded to TNAP 5.1! It was remarkably easy once I followed your instructions.

However, the few channels/transponders I was able to capture on 101W (only a weak Daystar), 103W, and a handful of 105W are no longer being received. I am also not having any luck with the Signal Finder. You referenced (above) the 'simple instructions about getting the backup file and service scan files' but I don't know where to find these. I appreciate your patience with me.

9. Likes el bandido liked this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is TNAP5.1 displayed in Menu--->Information--->About?

Look on the usb drive that was in the receiver. Is there a folder named backup on it? If there is, Zip it and attach it to a post. Else you will have to painfully list what is in the antenna setup menu. (Menu--->Setup--->Tuners & scanning--->Tuner configuration--->TunerA), then list the settings you have for 105w and 103w. Heck of a lots easier to post the backup file if one exists...

11. Thanks BREDLE thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe all is well! The Signal Finder is working as I was between 2 satellites but was able to discriminate the relative strengths of the 103 W and 105 W satellites. I moved the dish a tad west and successfully scanned 105 W which generated around 10 video channels (including duplicates) but over 1100 radio feeds. It appears that the Signal Finder will serve me if I attempt to tune in more satellites. Integrating a communicating 'dish mover' with this Edision receiver AND being aligned on the Clarke Belt someday would really be something.

I have more setup to accomplish as I am receiving a 'Please configure a location in plugin settings' message with every channel I view. The 'plugins' idea is still over my head (and I don't want to erase the progress made). I will do some searching of LegitFTA to learn more about the Edision receiver.

Again, many thanks El Bandido!

13. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are not going to hurt anything. Everything is recoverable.
    Most likely, you are being prompted for a location in one of the weather plugins. This will allow the weather for your area to be displayed. Weather Plugins are located in: Menu--->Plugins. The weather plugins will be at the bottom of the list.

backupsuite is another plugin that allows a complete backup of the image. You need to make a file on the usb drive named exactly backupsuite.txt. This file may be empty as the only purpose of the file is to direct the plugin where to store the backup. As you can see, it is a good idea to keep the usb drive connected to the receiver at all times because it can be useful for many things.

Feel free to ask anything you want to know about. That is what the legitfta forum is for.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast