Since I usually use multiboot to try out new images or upgrades, I took it for granted that if anything went south, it would not affect the flash. One thing I noticed after an OpenATV upgrade, it indicated a kernel of 3.13, whereas, it has been 3.38. Last night after upgrading and everything working fine, I decided to reboot to OpenVIX. The receiver would not reboot and it would stop at "experience the difference". But, to be fair, this upgrade was done a day after using the image from Nachtfalke, again, via multiboot. So, I really don't know where that kernel 3.13 came from, gremlins.......

So, I removed the usb stick and tried to boot directly to the OpenSpa flash. Again, it would stop at "experience the difference". In order to get the receiver to boot, I had to re-flash with OpenSpa and reload the backup settings. After that, everything was back to normal.

I reinstalled the old multiboot stick and tried various reboots, images and surprisingly, they all worked fine. Checked the kernel numbers for ATV, Nachtfalke, Vix and they all indicated 3.38.

I had read on another forum where others had the "experience the difference" problem. One had to reflash the v.2 bootloader and then the image to get his working again. Another had to send his back for a replacement.

Glad I got off easy.