Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Edision Mio+4K Update TNAP 3.2 to 5.1 Assistance Request
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please first know that I am NOT a programmer and my ONLY Linux familiarity stems from hours and hours of 'fun' attempting to tune in satellites and channels on my Edision Mio+4K receiver that I purchased from Titanium and 'installed' (with Brian's generous and lengthy phone support) back in November of 2020. I wish to update the Edision software (or is it firmware?) to get more current and to hopefully be able to use the updates to assist with tuning in satellites more efficiently.

My situation is complicated by: 1) My 8 foot Orbitron dish is not perfectly aligned on the Clarke Belt. I am not a BUD installer though I have tinkered, once to my peril, adjustments some successful/some not) and I live far from my BUD installer who in 2020 was unfamiliar with the newer 'digital' receivers) when we together installed my BUD out in the middle of nowhere halfway between Phoenix and Prescott AZ; and, 2) my 'positioner' is sadly what I believe was a quality unit (Toshiba TRX-2200) receiver back in the day, that does not interact with my Edision unit (unless there is some way to accomplish this that i am unaware of).

On a positive note, my BUD is currently 'locked' on (the displays says 'SES3/DirecTV 10,12' though I wonder if it is actually SES 18 (103.1W) and I have a SNR of about 11.5dB / 80% and AGC of 94%). A blind scan (with my current Edision and TNAP 3.2) brings in only 16 channels (powerVu encrypted possibly from 3940V?) and NO FTA.A blind scan generates 2 transponders at 10960V 27998 FEC 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK and 11810V 28000 FEC 3/4DVB-S2 8PSK.

Understanding the context above, and my obvious limitations (which hopefully will encourage all readers of this post to feel BETTER about themselves), I am wondering if someone could kindly provide or point me in the direction of clearly expressed instructions for updating my Edision receiver so I can hopefully restart my C band hobby viewing?

Thank you,

--- BREDLE

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and Welcome to Legitfta.

First thing you should do as your thread title suggests is update the image. Do you have a "Known-to-be Good" usb drive that is at least 2GB in size? If you have the usb drive, then the rest of it is easy.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Hello and Welcome to Legitfta.

First thing you should do as your thread title suggests is update the image. Do you have a "Known-to-be Good" usb drive that is at least 2GB in size? If you have the usb drive, then the rest of it is easy.
    El Bandido:

I do. I will work on clearing it to free up space. I have things to do for about an hour before I can work on that. I appreciate your responsiveness and confidence.

--- BREDLE

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    McAfee anti-virus twice blocked the download when I doubled clicked the 'downloaded_images.zip' file and attempted to save it to my laptop desktop. I twice received an "insecure download blocked" message. I then attempted to direct download to the USB in the E: drive but that transfer was blocked also.

Is there a safe work-around?

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Download this file : downloaded_images.zip
    Link to download = [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Unzip the downloaded file once. This should give you a folder named downloaded_images

There should be a zip file inside the downloaded_images folder. Just check and see that it is there. Don't move it or unzip it.
    Copy or move the downloaded_images folder with the zip file inside to the usb drive.

Insert the usb drive into the receiver. Reboot the receiver to insure the usb drive is recognized.

Go to Flash image in the receiver menus (Menu--->Setup--->Flash image) Open the Downloaded images by highlighting it and pressing OK

Highlight TNAP-5.1-osmio4kplus-20240512_multiboot.zip and press OK. A window will pop open showing the image slots in the receiver.

Select a slot (1-4) that is empty and has the words without backup beside it. Press OK and the flash should start. Once the flash is finished, you may boot to the slot that has the new image.

You can flash over and erase the 3.2 image. But I would suggest keeping the 3.2 image for a minute as you will have something to go by. The receiver has room for 4 images. So just flash the new image in an empty slot. Basically, you are starting all over as if the receiver was new. TNAP3.23 is an old image and you do not want to re-use anything from it.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am 'good to go' with a clean, working 4GB USB drive.
    SORRY, I did not see you had already provided further guidance. I will work on what you indicated.

THANK YOU!

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most likely, your anti-virus is complaining about http instead of https. Take your pick.
    Turn the anti-virus thingy Off and download the file Or download the multiboot file from here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I downloaded the multiboot from one of your prior postings because I could not find a way to disable McAfee (for which I imagine I would have had to pay a ransom). I precisely followed your excellent instructions and the TNAP 5 update was successful!!!

THANK YOU El Bandido !

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay.
    Now turn around and update it to TNAP5.1 online. Finish the job.
    Boot into the TNAP 5 image slot if not there already. Reinstall the usb drive if previously removed.
    Go to the flash image menu (Menu--->Setup--->Flash image)
    Highlight and select TNAP5.1 at the top. Highlight and select the only TNAP 5.1 image and press ok.
    Select the slot that has TNAP 5 installed in it and select with backup. Press ok to start the download. Do absolutely nothing after this as it is all automatic. The image will download, install, and restore whatever you had in the TNAP 5 image. This process usually takes around 5 minutes to complete.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello:

I may have successfully accomplished this. I have...

Tnap5 -- Based on OpenPLi
    Build date: 2023-07-17
    Last update: 2023-07-17
    Enigma version: 2023-07-14 [develop]
    Kernel version: 5.15.0
    etc. etc. etc.

Does this look to be correct?

Again, many thanks for your expertise and support!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast