Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Tuner settings for my LNBF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Sorry if this is in the wrong sub-forum. I've got an Edision Mio and a new 39" dish and a standard LNB that came with it. Specs on the box are:

Model: GT111S
    Input: 11.70 - 12.75 GHz
    Output: 950-2000 MHz
    LO: 10.750 GHz

So in TNAP for Type of LNB/Device can I just choose KU STD 10750 or do I need to use a user defined setting? I ask because I'm getting nothing on the signal finder. I'm trying to get 97W. Used dishpointer to get the azimuth. I have a good compass with the declination set but I've tried both bearings given at dishpointer.com with no luck. I have one of those el-cheapo signal meters and I can get it to "scream" when I move the dish a bit to the right of where dishpointer says to aim, but I get nada in the signal finder in TNAP. In the signal finder I have it set on the 97W sat and pre-defined transponders. Scrolled through them all. I've even set up all the KU sats from 93W to 117W and same. So I think I've got the LNB settings wrong.

Cheers,
    Doug

2. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, have you skewed the Lnbf ? Looks like for your area for 97w, standing in front of the dish turn the cable end counter clock wise 29 degrees.That would be around 4:00 and 5:00 oclock but you'll need to fine tune after you get the signal. KU standard will work or user defined L and H 10750.
    Last edited by Megatron817; 07-24-2020 at 05:09 PM.

4. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should have told you to do a blind scan when your hand held meter is showing signal. If you could find a transponder maybe we can tell what satellite you are pointed at.

6. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I did skew the LNB that way. I also tried a blind scan on several sats (including 97W of course) when the dish was pointing to what was probably 10 or 15 degrees West of 97W and my el-cheapo (I have no faith in it) increased significantly in pitch. Nothing. Zero on every sat.

If that strong signal was say ANIK F1, even though I obviously couldn’t do anything with the signal on my STB, would that be able to set off my signal meter?

I’ve got one of those portable signal finders that are essentially little battery powered STB’s with a small LCD screen coming which should make this much easier. But it probably won’t be here for a few weeks.

I did try user defined with LO low and high both set to 10750 but no luck. What should the Threshold setting be set to?

8. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Threshold is for universal LNB. tells when to turn tone on and off for low and high band but go ahead and set it 10750 also. That type of meter probably will find signals the mio can't see like dss and dc2 so a blind scan may not find anything. Just have to look at when moving the dish the satellites are on an arc so if you find a signal then move the dish west a little you have to go down in elevation a little to trac the arc or clark belt. Moving the dish east go up in elevation until you reach the top of the arc then start down in elevation.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Threshold = 10750. So all settings = 10750 in user defined.

Good, clear pictures of the dish and lnb might help.

11. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,
    i think the main problem is tuning the antenna which is not on the clark belt
    Even if your LOF is wrong, during a blindscan the MIO will find frequencies, the values of the frequencies will be wrong but the transponder will be found.
    If you are properly tuned to a satellite the receiver will always find something.
    (it happened to me by inattention to do a search in KU band with data for C band the result was wrong, but there was a result)
    Edision OS mio4K with TNAP-5 ; Channel Master 1,80 ; TBS6983
    LNB Ku Band . LNB KA Band 18200-19200 /21200-22200,LNB C band

13. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, that all makes sense. I've got 10750 for all values. I'd seen that while googling but information from googling is all over the place so I thought I'd ask here.

As for the dish, I'm probably off on elevation. It's already too hot to get on the roof today so it'll have to wait. I may even wait until that fancy meter (a GTMedia V8) shows up so I don't have to climb up and down that ladder so much lol.

While not the same as actual photos of my setup, this is the dish and LNB I bought. No doubt "starter" level quality. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

15. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can it be a 39" dish when these are the measurements???
    Front Measurements: 34.5" X 36.25" Edge to Edge.
    Anyway, If you knew the degrees of offset, you could use a protractor to set the elevation. So with this dish, the settings will be a guessing game, and may take some time. You will need time and patience unless you get lucky.

17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dishpointer doesn't tell all, try the one I posted at the bottom, it is an active footprint map, scroll to the end of the TP list at the top and select the Ku band beam for Galaxy 19, then zoom into your location, this will give you the estimated signal levels, all angles and elevations and estimated dish size for your location, you may be on the boundry of a signal level transition, this could affect the reception.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

18. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast