Thread: Edison mio 4K

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    In your timer settings do you have the "after event" set to auto? If so, try changing it to "do nothing".

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Thanks MikeB, ViP3R, el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it's normally set to "auto". I will change it to "do nothing" and see what happens.

Thanks!
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

4. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Yes, it's normally set to "auto". I will change it to "do nothing" and see what happens.

Thanks!
    Huh, that didn't work. Let me explain the exact steps I took, and when this happens:

At 4:32pm above, I was watching a recording through the PVR function, and my receiver was sitting on sat 97w. I set a timer through Webif screen to go to FETV at 5pm - 6pm and record Perry Mason, and set the last timer setting to "do nothing". At 4:59~ my Gbox woke up, the receiver moved to 99w, and it started the recording, meanwhile it did all this in the background while I'm still watching the recording. At 6pm, the recording quit. The Gbox goes to sleep (as it normally does when the receiver is in Standby mode) while it's still on 99w, meanwhile, I'm still watching the recording.

6:30pm I finally finished the recording and delete it. I then exit the PVR screen of recordings by hitting the remotes EXIT button. As soon as I do, my Gbox wakes up, and the receiver moves it back to 97w and tunes to the last channel (Grit) it had been on before the original move to 99w for the Perry Mason recording.

At least the sats where right next to each other. It's done this before from 113, all the way to 87w, and I'd prefer it not to do that by itself in this sort of case.

Kind of annoying, and it's likely a setting somewhere in the menu's expert settings that can fix this, but I'm not sure which exact one it is.
    My name is Mike.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Might try setting a timer to just zap to the channel before the recording timer that way it will be the last channel before the recording.
    Edit: or try Zap and record timer.
    Last edited by Megatron817; 03-13-2019 at 05:40 PM.

7. Thanks MikeB thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That should be the normal function. Playing recordings, recording programs, or watching satellite TV are different modes. When you exited the PVR mode it went back to watching satellites mode and resumed your previous channel selection. There wouldn't be any logic keeping the dish at 99W where it was recording Perry Mason.

9. Thanks el bandido, MikeB thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    That should be the normal function. Playing recordings, recording programs, or watching satellite TV are different modes. When you exited the PVR mode it went back to watching satellites mode and resumed your previous channel selection. There wouldn't be any logic keeping the dish at 99W where it was recording Perry Mason.
    Oh, ok. Well, then I'll just deal with it as it is. Perhaps if there's times I'd prefer it doesn't swing so far between sats on the arc, I'll try the "channel ZAP" method that Megatron mentions above.

Thanks!
    My name is Mike.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Oh, ok. Well, then I'll just deal with it as it is. Perhaps if there's times I'd prefer it doesn't swing so far between sats on the arc, I'll try the "channel ZAP" method that Megatron mentions above.

Thanks!
    Yep, give and take, since we can't have a separate dish for each satellite we have to deal with motors.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    32 APSK Confirmed! (Scan Log Attached).

Attached Files Attached Files

13. Thanks ViP3R, Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes chewie, MikeB, MCelliotG liked this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a way to manually edit JUST the SID or Service Id of a particular channel through the remote control? Or what file in (/root/etc/enigma2)? or elsewhere has the file for the actual scanned-in channels info for frequency, side, etc? Can that be edited with Notepad ++ ?

I just haven't figured out the best way to use Dreamboxedit as of yet, and I'm a little scared to use it to simply change a SID for one channel on one sat. I don't want to possibly cause a cascade of odd issues.

Not sure if it'll fix it to change the SID, but I've noticed that when on another sat and moving/zapping to 101w to Movies! channel, it brings up the Start channel instead. They are only 4Mhz apart, and all their other info is pretty much the same. I tried changing the frequency so they were a bit further apart, and it made no difference.

If I'm already on 101w and Zap to Movies! that works perfectly every time.
    Last edited by MikeB; 03-17-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    My name is Mike.

15. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Might be easier to give a good answer if you tell us what you are trying to do or what you want to accomplish.

17. Likes MikeB liked this post