Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't you ask Titanium if the ASC will handle the load. If not, can it be modified. He has helped others solving ASC problems.

2. Thanks easily confused, el bandido, ViP3R, mengram thanked for this post
    Likes Costactc liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Why don't you ask Titanium if the ASC will handle the load. If not, can it be modified. He has helped others solving ASC problems.
    I may do that, but I see problems with his specs.
    ! estimate I need between 5-10 amps to drive this motor, or at least 100 watts of power. In a deal like this, voltage usually falls while the current level or amperage goes up when the motor is loaded. I am thinking I need between 100-150 watts of power to drive this thing. Use the formula Volts X Amps = Power in Watts.

Now, look at his specs for the ASC-1:
    AC Voltage In 115/230Vac, 50/60hz - User Setting
    Current in Operation 600 ~ 1200mA @ 115Vac
    340 ~ 640mA @ 230Vac
    Current in Standby 270mA @ 115Vac / 120mA @ 220Vac
    Input Protection 2A @ 250Vac User Replaceable Fuse
    Output Voltage M1 / M2 38Vdc (max)
    Output Current M1 / M2 5A (max)

So we have a rating of 1.2 amps MAX at 115 volts, which gives us 138 Watts of power (Volts X Amps = Power in Watts)
    Then below that, we have ratings of 5 amps and 38VDC which gives us 190 watts.
    How can you have 138 watts going in and get 190 watts out? Even if you get 5 amps at 24 volts, that would be 120 watts. I think you need more than 18 watts to run the controller

Again, The ASC-1 may drive this motor without issue, but I do not trust it based on these specs.
    A plus here is that there are specs to look at. Vbox and other cheap controllers do not tell you what you are getting, so you have to open it up and look at the wire size and transformer size.

4. Thanks ViP3R, Costactc, mengram thanked for this post