New OpenBox Firmware Issue - (sort of)

GI_Joe

Banned
I just did the firmware upgrade on one of my Open Box S 9 receivers. I just noticed that in the radio mode when you push the info buttom it no longer displays the Signal Quality.

It does display when in the TV mode, but there's anohter window that pop up first... you have to press the info button twice to see the signal quality in the TV mode.

No big deal - i just like to see it... will keep testing and see what shakes out.


J
 
I just got around to loading the new firmware..switched to radio and the info button pops up, I can see the signal Q on that screen..pressing the info button has no effect..To be honest I can't remember if it ever did..TV mode works before as usual by pressing info twice.
 
It looks like the first push of the info button is giving you info on the program time (maybe recording time) and push it again and it shows the into with Signal quality. Before the upgrade when you pressed the info button a screen would pop up that showed the PIDS and the siganl quality. - This was on both radio and TV mode. Now only the TV mode shows the PIDS and SQ when the info button is pushed. ON mine at least....

J
 
I didn't even notice until you said something about it, but mine is the same way. Display is blank when powered off by remote.

J
 
What exact steps do I need to do to save my channel list if I upgrade? I know I won't have to enter lat/long because my stb is being used on my but with a stand alone positioner.
 
Costactc said:
What exact steps do I need to do to save my channel list if I upgrade? I know I won't have to enter lat/long because my stb is being used on my but with a stand alone positioner.

Insert your USB stick, USB device detected will display on screen.
Then go to menu-tools-dump by USB.
Then you will see dump mode..arrow over to Misc Files- Then start-OK and choose TP_Prog.dbs.
green button to add then yellow button to dump. Now it's saved.

You can then load the new file on another USB and Upgrade by USB. It will reboot . Then you can pop in the TP Prog dump and upgrade..power off by remote when finished then power on and all will be there.
 
Costactc said:
What exact steps do I need to do to save my channel list if I upgrade? I know I won't have to enter lat/long because my stb is being used on my but with a stand alone positioner.

get a thumb drive (small is OK)
put the new file in the main directory (so you can update too)
pop in the thumb drive to the receiver

from receiver-
hit menu button-
go down to the tools
dump by usb
change "dump mode" from image file(*.abs) to misc files
click select dump
click on TP_PROG.dbs (sat,TP,Prog) to select it
click yellow button on remote to dump file


you have saved your settings and channels


upgrade the new .abs file


then

upgrade the .dbs file
similar menus as above
 
What Viper responded with is what I did and mine worked okay. Make sure that you do not have any other TP_Prog.dbs file on the USB stick you are using, and put them directly to the USB drive and NOT in any other directory.
 
Scanning speed seems reduced on the OpenBox than before with this file..Just switched to the Manhattan and it's defiantly faster now.
 
I have heard that from others. I have not tried to re-scan anything since the upgrade, but the word I am hearing is that it takes 2 - 3 minutes longer than before.
 
Thanks for all the help and info but if scanning speed is slower with this new file I'll pass. Feeds come and go real quick sometimes and the openbox fast blind scan gives us an edge on reporting them.
 
Costactc said:
Thanks for all the help and info but if scanning speed is slower with this new file I'll pass. Feeds come and go real quick sometimes and the openbox fast blind scan gives us an edge on reporting them.

There does not appear to be anything new in the file apart from the green tint fix for those having that problem. It's a nice fix for them.
I will be returning to the previous file since I use HDMI and the faster scan works for me. :)
 
I've never had an issue with the green tint problem so I think I'll stick with what I've got.
 
Back
Top