Threaded View

1. Collapse Details
    osmio4K+ experience
    Post Thanks / Like
    After playing with this new box, my first impression is that it is not as advertised "the only box in North America witch can scan transponders 3° apart".
    Did some scan tests with this new box & my old Vu+04k, and as you can see from the pics osmio is far behind:
    Using TNAP4.1, scan tests were done on different satellites trying to build up my channel list.
    the worst example of all is on 101W with 7 tps at 4° apart out of 17, where osmio failed miserable not finding all tps:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    and here is the scan result done by Vu+:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This is happening on some other satellites. openvix image on osmio did a better job, but not as Vu+ with openvix img.
    Another issue I have with osmio is that it has hard time to clear some channels where Vu+ has no problems.

So, my conclusion is:
    1-maybe i use a wrong scanning procedure;
    2-the tuner is not up to as being advertised; or
    3-the QC of the manufacturer doesn't do a good job on checking the final product, and I ended up buying a door stop.
    any suggestions ?
    Last edited by lme; 01-20-2022 at 02:45 PM.
    Nihil sine Deo !

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post