OpenATV 6.0

Been trying out the new ver 6.0 images for the Solo2 and the Duo2. The TBS5925, of course has to be used in place of the crappy tuners in the Duo2, seems to not hang up the receiver as long. Like it so far.
 
I expect a new enigma2 receiver to be released soon that has tuner(s) with all the capabilities and signal sensitivity of theTBS5925.

I do not expect to buy anything else from TBS because they do not support what they sell. I spent $400.00 U.S. for the TBS Matrix and the TBS5925 card. Support for these two items from TBS was poor at best and non-existent at worst. Support from TBS for enigma2 problems and issues could only be described as "Piss Poor".
 
The innovation behind DVB-S2X whitepaper - DVB-S2X Demystified

RO 5% RO 20%
low roll-off: 5/10/15%
DVB-S2 roll-off to 5% or 10 % or 15%
RO RO 20% 5%
The successor to the DVB-S2 standard is a combination of
innovative technologies did improve overall efficiency over
satellite links.
The technologies Involved in DVB-S2X are:
• Low roll off, smaller carrier spacing and advanced filter
technologies
• MODCOD and FEC upgrades (more granularity,
adding 64, 128 and 256APSK, Improving FECs &
MODCODs and Differentiating linear & non-linear
MODCODs)
• Wideband implementation.
• Very Low SNR MODCODs to support mobile
(land, sea, air) applications
• Bonding of TV streams
• Additional standard scrambling sequences

Don't forget that it is an Arm processor, current addons and plugins will have to be rewritten for the receiver.
 
https://www.google.com/search?q=oct...Search&channel=fe&client=browser-ubuntu&hl=en

The Octagon SF4008 is supposed to receive everything the TBS5925 usb card receives. This Octagon model is also supposed to receive DVB-S2x, but no blindscan. I would try this receiver if it had blindscan. Other receivers with similar capabilities are supposed to be released this year. Information will be posted about them when it is available.
Everything except ACM, so far there's a problem with gold and combo pls modes, but I believe they'll fix it soon! I have my eye on that receiver really, only ARM worries me a bit!
 
Octagon changed delivery dates from December to January to dealers due to xxx problems. But an op in Italy just received and posted a google translated post...

I confirm Form Cam CI + support (one of the things that interested me most)
Speed stratospheric, in zapping.
Excellent reception of the infrared remote control.
 

Attachments

  • Octagon test stream.webp
    Octagon test stream.webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Octagon Wifi.webp
    Octagon Wifi.webp
    172.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Octogon hdd.webp
    Octogon hdd.webp
    97.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Octogon tuner.webp
    Octogon tuner.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top