TNAP-4.1 Image -20210906 - Discussion

Yes. That is correct, but you probably also auto-restored settings, which probably caused the problem. How many satellites do you have setup in the receiver. I would suggest doing the same procedure as before, Except use a blank usb stick with only the TNAP 4.1 file on it. The reason for this is there is probably auto restore information on your usb that the receiver will use if allowed to do so. Using a blank usb stick that only conatins TNAP 4.1 will ensure there is no auto restore information.

Also make sure you set the correct slot when Flashing. There are two almost identical sets of slots to choose from. Select the slot that has "without backup" beside it
 
Progress!
I did not auto restore & all is fine - media player does not crash anymore.
But, when I go to blindscan I can not choose a satellite. It is stuck on the one I first scanned. There is a O with a slash next to Lock. Is this possibly my problem?

edit- Nevermind. I forgot that I have to configure every satellite all over again. That should fix it.
 
Last edited:
You can manually edit or change the settings and channel files to transfer your settings for the satellites, but you need telnet or putty to do this.
 
So how do I know which settings to use? Are they labeled by software version or slot number? I would like to take my settings from slot 1 and move them to slot 3.
 
There are many ways to do this:
(1) boot into slot 1.
(2) Copy settings file located in /etc/enigma2 of receiver's files.
(3) Boot into slot 3.
(4) Start a telnet or putty session with the box. Enter init 4 into the terminal so enigma2 stops.
(5) Paste the slot 1 settings file into /etc/enigma2 of receiver's files.
(6) Enter init 3 into terminal or reboot box.

That is all you need to do.
Note: Not all settings files are interchangeable but these two are...
 
Thanks!
Settings file transferred.

A problem I discovered is that some previous video recordings from G16 with MPEG audio will not play in TNAP in slot 3, but they will play in the original satdreamgr6 in slot1.
edit - If I make a new recording from that transponder, the new recording will play, and only the new recording.



And I still cannot record audio from radio channels on NPR on G16. It acts like it is recording but it does not. I have even tried to play them on my computer but there is nothing there.

Also that low volume on AAC from NPR is a problem because using downmix affects channels I do not want downmixed since they are surround mixes.

Thanks for all your help so far.
 
Last edited:
some previous video recordings from G16 with MPEG audio will not play in TNAP in slot 3
What is meant by not play? No Video, No Audio, will not load etc....

And I still cannot record audio from radio channels on NPR on G16. It acts like it is recording but it does not.
Do you have any receiver that will record these radio channels? Have you tried recording the channel using Webif?

Also that low volume on AAC from NPR is a problem because using downmix affects channels I do not want downmixed since they are surround mixes.

What is NPR?
 
some previous video recordings from G16 with MPEG audio will not play in TNAP in slot 3
What is meant by not play? No Video, No Audio, will not load etc....

No audio - sorry I was not clear about that


And I still cannot record audio from radio channels on NPR on G16. It acts like it is recording but it does not.
Do you have any receiver that will record these radio channels? Have you tried recording the channel using Webif?

I can record and play them on my Icecrypt.
Webif will not play them at all. It does not even see a channel under extras. VLC will not play them. No option to record.


Also that low volume on AAC from NPR is a problem because using downmix affects channels I do not want downmixed since they are surround mixes.

What is NPR?

NPR is National Public Radio on G16. It is a radio service only with no video channels or PIDs. The Satdream in slot 1 plays these channels at normal volume with downmix off. They are super low volume in TNAP slot 3 and only downmix fixes that.
I would prefer to leave downmix off as that affects all channels including surround channels like the Met Opera.

They also have MPEG audio channels that play just fine.

Thanks again.
 
SatDreamGr and TNAP images are bot based on OpenPLi. So the audio should work the same. Carefully check your settings between the two slots. Most likely, something is set different in the SatDreamGr slot.

On the audio for recorded files, The two images may have different default players. We can look at adding another player, but it also seems that recordings should play on either image providing the settings are the same.
 
Well, Let's see what the deal is with the audio.
Please post a screenshot of the About page from the SatDreamGr image (Menu--->Information--->About).
 
Ok, went back to 4,0. Getting the gsod again, usually when turning to a pbs channel (atsc). Same with the 950, but it does scan everything in. I did some troubleshooting and found I wasn't getting errors when the usb drive wasn't plugged in. I was using a sandisk vs pny, not sure if that was the difference or not. Long story short I bought a WD harddrive, installed fine, and everything is working perfect again. Will probally try 4,2 this spring...time permitting. Thanks again for the help EB.
 
Back
Top